The second selected group of European Young Leaders, or ‘40 under 40’ for 2012-13, will meet in Berlin for the first time from December 6-8 to reflect on and debate the array of economic, political and social challenges facing the European Union. This meeting of Europe’s young and most dynamic leaders will discuss ways of building a new Europe that people can trust and will consider Europe’s place in a rapidly changing world. Also on the agenda: policies that could be crisis-busters and the role of creative industries in Europe.
The European Young Leaders: ‘40 under 40’ programme is a unique European leadership initiative that aims to create a new generation of opinion leaders with diverse backgrounds and nationalities, shaping the future of our continent and joining forces to foster our decision-makers’ long-term vision. Supported by the European Commission, the programme is led by EuropaNova and Friends of Europe.
A few of the Young Leaders include:
– Cayetana Alvarez de Toledo (Spain), Vice President of the Spanish Parliament’s Joint Committee for the EU
– Martijn Arets (The Netherlands), Founder and CEO of Brand Expedition, a new concept enterprise comprising a foundation, consultancy and publishing experience based on sharing entrepreneurial stories of well-known brands
– Cristina Batlan (Romania), Founder, CEO and Head of Design at Musette, one of the leading Romanian fashion accessory companies
– Selene Biffi (Italy), Founder of several social ventures, including Youth Action for Change providing free online courses for young change-makers, and Plain Ink creating free educational comics for children in developing countries
– Balázs Denes (Hungary), Lawyer, human rights activist and Executive Director of the Hungarian Civil Liberties Union
– Rokhaya Diallo (France), Host and Co-Editor of “Egaux, mais pas trop” (Equal, but not too much), a series of reports on diversity issues in France
– Mary Fitzgerlad (Ireland), award-winning Foreign Affairs Correspondent
– Jan Goossens (Belgium), Artistic Director of KVS, the Royal Flemish Theatre in Brussels
– Fabien Heilemann (Germany), Founder of the leading German couponing company DailyDeal
– Clare Lockhart (United Kingdom), Co-founder and Director of the Institute for State Effectiveness, dedicated to understanding the balance between state, market and civil society and to creating tools to enhance stability
– Charles Edouard Vincent (France), Founder and Head of Emmaüs Défi, providing jobs to those who cannot find work in today’s market
This press release is also available in PDF format. To download it please click here.